MEIis incorporated in England and Wales under company number 08682327 withregistered office at Camellia House, Mauldeth Road, Heaton Moor, Stockport,Cheshire, SK4 3QUand is registered with the Information Commissioners Office, the UK's DataProtection Authority.
MEI operates the website www.manchesteredu.comand/or associatedmobile applications (“website”,“app”,“Services”). MEI is the data controller for allpersonal data collected via company Services. This means that MEI isresponsible for deciding what personal data is
Information Collected by MEI
MEI collects and processes personal data when you use our Services and/or interactwith us, and when you register with us. This includes:
• Name and job title
• Nationality and gender
• Age/date of birth
• Contact information including email address
• Child’s school, academic performance and interests
• Financial information where relevant
• Marketing preferences, including any consents you have given
• Communications that you may send to us
What MEI does with the information collected
MEI uses this information for the following reasons:
• In order to provide services to you.
Someof this information may be personal information. MEI may use it in order to:
• Verifyyour identity for security purposes
• Provideyou with our services
• Communicatewith you
• Provideyou with suggestions and advice on products, services and how to obtain themost from using our website and/or mobile applications.
Information MEI processes with your consent
• Throughcertain actions when otherwise there is no contractual relationship between us,such as when you browse the MEI website or ask MEI to provide you withmoreinformation about our business, including job opportunities and our services,you are providing your consent for MEI to process information that may include personal information. Wherever possible, MEI aims to obtain your explicitconsent to process this information. Sometimes you might give your consentimplicitly,such as when you send us a message by email to which you wouldreasonably expect MEI to reply. Except where you have consented to MEI’s use of your information for a specific purpose, MEI does not use your information inany way that would identify you personally. We may aggregate it in a generalway and use it to provide class information, for example to monitor theperformance of a particular page on the MEI website. If you have given MEI explicitpermission to do so, we may from time to time pass your name and contact information to selected associates whom we consider may provide services orproducts that you would find useful.
• Onoccasions where MEI asks you for consent, we will use the personal data only forthe purpose which we specified at that time.
• MEI mayuse the information to improve our products and services.
For purposes which are required by law:
• for DBSchecks on suppliers such as host families and drivers;
• inresponse to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting aninvestigation.
• Informationwe process for the purpose of legitimate interests.
MEI may process information on the basis there is a legitimate interest, either toyou or to us, of doing so. Where MEI processes your information on this basis,
we do so after having given careful consideration to:
• whetherthe same objective could be achieved through other means
• whetherprocessing (or not processing) may cause you harm
• whetheryou would expect MEI to process your data, and whether you would consider itreasonable to do so.
Information provided may be shared with third parties
Your personal data may be shared with other organisations which are workingwith MEI to provide direct services to you. Some of your personal data may beshared with other organisations, such as insurers and organisations whichconduct safety checks.MEI will also need to share personal data with thirdparty service providers, such as web hosting and maintenance companies, DBSchecking organisations, providers of host families, transport companies,education consultants, etc. Personal data may also be shared with governmentauthorities and/or law enforcement officials if required for security purposes,or if mandated by law or if required for the legal protection of MEI’slegitimate interests in compliance with the applicable laws.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer’s hard drive byyour web browser when you visit any website. Once you agree, the file is addedand thecookies help to analyse web traffic or let you know when you visit aparticular site. Cookies allow a website to tailor its operations to your ownneeds, and also provide the website owner with statistics about how you usedthe website so that it can be improved.
Overall, cookies help MEI to provide you with a better website byenabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. Acookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you,other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automaticallyaccept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to declinecookies if you prefer. They should also allow you to prevent or limit their usebut this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
MEI uses all reasonable measures to safeguard personally identifiableinformation. The implemented measures will be appropriate to the type of information maintained and comply with all relevant legislation governing protection ofpersonal information. Measures are implemented to preserve the confidentiality,integrity and availability of the personal information. MEI has put in placeappropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from beingaccidentally lost, used, accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.In addition, ME strictly limits access to your personal data to thoseemployees, contractors or agents who have a legitimate business need to haveaccess to that data. The employees, contractors or agents will process yourpersonal data in accordance with our instructions. They will be subject to aduty of confidentiality and due care with respect to handling the personaldata. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data securitybreach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breachwhere we are legally required to do so. Our employees are requested to stayalert as to privacy issues and training is updated when appropriate as to datasecurity and information protection.
Links to Third-Party Sites
You can request details of personalinformation which we hold about you, or to review or update your personalinformation. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, pleasewrite to MEI, Camellia House, Mauldeth Road, Heaton Moor, Stockport, Cheshire, SK4 3QU,UK. Upon receiving the request, we will informyou when we expect to provide you with the information, and whether we requireany fee for providing it to you, such as postage, etc.
In addition to the rights of access,review and correction, you have the right to object to your personal data beingprocessed for any particular purpose, or to request that we stop using yourinformation. If you wish to exercise these rights, pleasee-mail email@example.com or send a letter marked "DataProtection" to the MEI registered office at Camellia House,Mauldeth Road, Heaton Moor, Stockport, Cheshire, SK4 3QU, UK. If you havefurther concerns about how we use your personal data, you also have the rightto make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO),the data protection authority for the UK. Please visit https://ico.org.uk/ for moredetails on your data protection rights and how to contact them.